Museums for All
Ensuring that every child and family has access to a high-quality children’s museum experience
Museums for All is a cooperative initiative between ACM and IMLS to offer a signature access program that encourages families of all backgrounds to visit museums regularly and build lifelong museum habits. Any museum that adheres to the following guidelines can be a Museums for All museum.
- Offer individual admission fees ranging from free to $3.00 (USD) to individuals and families presenting an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card, and a valid form of photo ID. Museums for All admission rates must be offered for up to four individuals per EBT card. This admission rate must be available during all normal operating hours.
- Clearly publicize participation in Museums for All by posting information about access on their websites and other collateral.
- Use the approved Museums for All PR toolkit resources for branding of the program in all communications.
- Train sales and front line staff appropriately to ensure good customer service to individuals and families seeking to take advantage of the Museums for All program.
- Regularly report the number of visitors who utilize Museums for All admission.
Museums for All is a way to broaden a museum’s visitor base, and reach out to underserved communities. A museum visit can inspire the development of new skills and interests, ignite creativity and enrich social connections. Museums for All will help expand access to museums and also raise public awareness about how museums in the U.S. are reaching their entire communities. By removing the financial barrier, Museums for All also removes the social and academic barrier children face when they are not exposed to high quality museum experiences. Register today to become a Museum for All! [Note: Registration is for museums only. Visitors do not need to register.]
Are you a Museums for All museum? We'd love to hear your stories! Click the button below to report how Museums for All has enhanced your day-to-day operations.