- About ACM
- About Children’s Museums
- Elevating the Field
- Conferences and Professional Development
The InterActivity Program Committee is a service opportunity for ACM members to play a key role in shaping content for the annual conference. The Program Committee is an all-volunteer, field review body charged with evaluating and selecting session proposals for the Concurrent Professional Development Sessions at InterActivity, a significant part of the conference program.
To achieve the greatest representation and diversity of perspectives on the Committee, ACM encourages all members to apply—from those new in field or just beginning their careers, to those with years of experience. A member is anyone with a current ACM membership whether it be Individual, Museum Institution, Institution Staff, Business Member, or Business Member Staff.
Program Committee individuals are required to:
• Review and rate approximately 30 session proposals between August 11-28, 2023.
• Attend the in-person Program Committee Selection Meeting, Wednesday-Thursday, September 6-7, 2023 at Madison Children’s Museum.
• Work with two to four session chairs of accepted proposals (September 8 through InterActivity 2024).
• Register for InterActivity by the Early Bird deadline and attend the full InterActivity conference, May 15-17.
• Attend a virtual Program Committee debrief after the conference.
• Pay one’s own travel to and from the selection meeting, the conference, and conference registration fee (usually funded by the individual’s institution).
• Meet all deadlines set by ACM.
Review the InterActivity 2024 Program Committee description and charge, then if eligible and
able to fulfill the requirements, complete the online application.