- About ACM
- About Children’s Museums
- Elevating the Field
- Conferences and Professional Development
EdVenture is the Southeast’s largest children’s museum. Our enriching educational programs and exhibits engage visitors through play-based learning.
We are seeking a hands-on Museum Manager who is responsible for providing our visitors with high quality customer service and a positive museum experience. This position oversees the daily operations of the Museum, including admissions, gift shop, group visits, and facility rentals and works closely with educational staff to integrate educational floor programs. The Museum Manager works alongside a dedicated group of team members providing them with leadership and motivation that promotes a culture reflective of the Museum’s Guiding Principles, Core Values, Vision, and Mission.
• BA/BS degree preferred with five years’ supervisory experience in retail, hospitality, or museum operations or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education.
• Must have a strong understanding of business management, financial acumen, and retail inventory principals.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, coaching, and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong organization, time, and project management skills.
• Ability to work as a team player, meet deadlines, develop effective solutions and strategies, and demonstrate good judgment in daily activities.
• Possesses characteristics of integrity and fairness along with a commitment to diversity, and a pleasant personality.
• Manage and support the guest services team, including scheduling, training, and providing ongoing performance management.
• Lead the Museum’s opening and closing activities to include door management, cash handling, daily deposits, and submitting reports in accordance with Finance guidelines.
• Work closely with education staff to integrate educational programs into daily operations. Ensure staff are trained and scheduled appropriately.
• Recognize and report visitor trends.
• Manage inventory of gift shop, controlling expenses through proper ordering.
• Remain knowledgeable about operational procedures, museum policies and general museum information.
• Field and respond to visitor inquiries and issues on an immediate basis, delivering exemplary customer service.
• Communicate and collaborate on a regular basis with other operational areas to include Educational Services, Facilities, and Finance to ensure a superior guest experience.
• Monitor safety, security and emergency policies and procedures. Manage response and documentation of all incidents.
• Responsible for the cleanliness of the Museum, its rental spaces, and exhibit areas.
• Participate in special activities and other projects as required.
|Job Status:||Full Time|
|Salary:||Starting at $40,000|
|Application Instructions:||Please submit your resume to email@example.com|