- About ACM
- About Children’s Museums
- Elevating the Field
- Conferences and Professional Development
At the Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus, we believe in kid-powered learning. We work hard every day to create extraordinary experiences that champion the wonder and joy of childhood. To accomplish this mission, we bring together a dynamic team of talented individuals whose passions range from exhibit design to the culinary arts, from developing engaging educational programs to offering only the best in customer service. If you like to work hard and play hard, we want to hear from you! We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive wages and a supportive, rewarding and FUN work environment.
The Director of Exhibits leads the exhibits team and is responsible for the overall direction of the Exhibit’s Department. This position provides high-level oversight and leadership in the areas of operations, planning, fabrication and design.
Position Specifications: Full-time (exempt), typical schedule is Monday- Friday, with occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
Rate: $114,700 -$120,000
A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage. Paid time-off for vacation, sick days and four holidays. 401(k) Retirement Plan with eligibility to contribute after a 3-month waiting period (must be 21 years of age). Employee Assistance Program, flexible spending account and short-term disability. Free parking, free family membership to the Museum, discount to the Museum Gift Shop and Café.
• Minimum 5 years expertise in leading a team of designers, fabricators, technicians and other individuals, overseeing and delegating projects and workloads.
• Demonstrated experience in overseeing the design, development, and production of highly complex, interactive exhibits in a museum or related setting.
• A degree or relevant experience in design, art, architecture, or a similar field of study.
• In-depth, expert knowledge of hands-on, interactive exhibit development, and implementation.
• Demonstrated record of engagement or facilitation in creative projects.
• Understanding of aesthetic principles, i.e. color, shape, balance, movement, proportions
• Expert-level organization and prioritization, including the ability to oversee multiple projects, manage complex budgets and timelines.
• Experience in developing and presenting concept design drawings and renderings.
• Demonstrated experience working with design software and programs.
• Highly skilled in multiple fabrication areas (woodworking, carpentry, metalworking, etc.).
• Ability to clearly communicate ideas visually and verbally.
• Experience overseeing shop safety and exemplary fabrication processes.
• Proven ability to foster positive working relationships by supporting a creative and inclusive work culture.
• Ability to consistently promote, support, work and act in a manner that supports the Museum’s vision, mission, values and commitment to Diversity, Equity, Access and Inclusion.
Please note: Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status or attestation of a weekly negative COVID-19 test result is required. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered.
The Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Leads and supports a team of 6 with coaching, training, supervision and collaboration.
• Directly supervises the Exhibits Manager.
• Works and collaborates with other Museum departments to realize the Museum’s mission.
• Serves on the Museum’s Leadership Team supporting institutional priorities and strategic initiatives.
• Leads the Exhibit’s Department to develop and coordinate departmental goals, effectively assigning and delegating projects and tasks.
• Ensures that all exhibits meet their functional and educational objectives achieving the highest quality standards of design, safety, durability, accessibility through active participation as a leader.
• Works collaboratively with team members to prepare and monitor annual and project-based budgets and timelines.
Long Term Planning:
• Contributes to the Museum’s strategic and organizational planning, serving as the primary representative from the Exhibits Department.
• Supports the development of the exhibits long-term plan, including monitoring. This includes multiple concurrent projects of various scales, key milestones for exhibit development and implementation, and regular assessment of departmental deliverables.
• Provides leadership development for refreshing, enhancing and updating current exhibits.
• Works collaboratively with Exhibit Design Services (EDS), a specialized design group of the Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus, for major new exhibits ensuring overall strategic vision and goals are translated into tangible experiences and that staff and resource variables have been accounted for.
• Ensures overall shop safety and that all Exhibits staff are fully trained in all available tools and fabrication techniques.
|Job Status:||Full Time|
|Application Instructions:||Qualified candidates please apply through website.|