Purpose of Professional Development
- "Encourages growth and development of individuals.
- Assists people in responding to practical work problems.
- Prepares people for current and future work opportunities.
- Assists organizations to achieve desired results and adapt to change.
- Provides opportunities to examine community and societal issues, foster change for the common good, and promote a civil society."*
* Caffarella, R., and Ratclifee Daffron, S. (2013). Planning Programs for Adult Learners: A Practical Guide (Third Edition). San Francisco: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Copyright © 2013 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Used with permission. May not be reproduced without permission.