Director of Facilities and Exhibit Maintenance
Overview:This position will lead the facilities and exhibit maintenance staff to provide educational and satisfying experiences for visitors at both the Kaleideum North and Kaleideum Downtown locations. This includes coordinating facility maintenance, repair, cleaning, and security of the buildings and grounds as well as installing, repairing, and fabricating exhibits. This is a physically active and team-oriented role.
• High School Graduate, College degree preferred
• 5+ year of prior experience facilities management and repair, museum exhibit experience, and/or construction, woodworking, or electrical.
• 4+ years of prior supervisory experience.
• Experience working in a team setting where a high degree of daily communication is required.
• Experience driving strategic growth and change, building profitable practices and strengthening organizational capacity while maintaining a strong foundation.
• Experience working independently, and in cooperation with other Museum departments.
• Experience using 3D design software a plus (AutoCad, Sketch Up, CNC, etc).
Building Maintenance & Events
• Manage repairs, preventive service, and updates of buildings, grounds and parking lots by providing an advanced level of troubleshooting skills for the resolution of technical issues and by serving as liaison to external contractors when required.
• Supervise security including opening/closing and alarming of facilities.
• Order supplies required to maintain facility.
• Manage event setups and tear downs through close coordination with Education, Visitor Experience and Philanthropy departments.
• Review and advise architectural design documentation for new building under development.
Exhibit Maintenance & Construction
• Serve on exhibit development team to create in-house exhibitions.
• Provides input for the development of grant proposals for exhibits.
• Lead exhibit fabrication for in-house productions and installations. Serve as liaison to external exhibit fabricator for out-of-house exhibit productions.
• Manage all maintenance functions to ensure prompt response and proper diagnosis of exhibit failures using best troubleshooting practices to minimize downtime.
• Schedules and performs preventative maintenance for exhibits.
• Build relationships with vendors for additional technical support and emergency response.
• Oversees a clean, organized and safe workshop with appropriate tools in good working order.
• Manage Traveling Exhibits installation, de-installation, and communication and reporting with institution that owns the traveling exhibit.
Emergencies & Safety
• Oversees and ensures functionality of museum’s security features, including interior and exterior lighting, security cameras and fire/alarm systems.
• Execute security/ emergency procedures for the Museum including assisting visitors/staff in case of emergency.
• Ensure visitors’ safety as it pertains to exhibits including regular safety inspections of climbers and preventive maintenance walk through of all exhibits areas.
• Ensure staff is trained and following safe practices in regards to workshop tools and exhibit/facility maintenance procedures.
Budget & Supervision
• Supervise facility/exhibit maintenance staff including motivating key personnel to ensure a high level of technical expertise and customer service and maximizing the best use of individual and group capabilities.
• Supervise staff to ensure a regular cleaning schedule that provides a safe and sanitary museum experience.
• Manage labor expenses through proper scheduling and the use of time management skills.
• Provide assistance in establishing capital and expense budget data and controlling spending within approved guidelines.
|Deadline||July 23, 2018|
|Date Listed:||June 19, 2018|
|Address||400 West Hanes Mill Road|
|Job Listing||View Complete Job Listing|
|Application Instructions||To apply, please submit a cover letter and resumé to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Review will begin July 2, 2018. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.|