Imagine Children's Museum, a premiere children's museum in the Pacific Northwest, is seeking a superstar in Exhibits and Facilities. Our mission is to utilize playful learning to enrich the lives of children. This award winning museum serves over 230,000 annually including more than 5,000 member families. It is a vibrant and financially stable organization located in downtown Everett, Washington.
This position does not work directly with children but instead requires someone that can help develop new exhibit concepts, oversee the day to day maintenance of existing exhibits and possesses the skills to troubleshoot and make necessary repairs as needed to keep exhibits operational at all times. The Exhibits and Facilities position must able to work hours to meet the organization. All exhibits at Imagine Children's Museum are hands-on in nature which requires a broad skill set. It is highly recommended that those interested visit the Museum website, www.ImagineCM.org, to see first-hand some examples of current exhibits.
Required: Minimum 5 years' experience in Exhibits or a similar role.
Qualifications: Required: Minimum 5 years' experience in Exhibits or a similar role.
• Manage the research, conceptualization, creation, design, fabrication and installation of new exhibits
• Manage renovation and/or refurbishment of existing exhibits
• Ensure that exhibits and themed environments remain in premiere condition on a daily basis
• Be available to work evenings and weekends when needed
• Be on-call for emergencies
• Oversee building maintenance and janitorial services
• Manage work teams consisting of volunteers, contractors, etc.
• Project management
• Other duties as assigned
Skills necessary and proven track record of:
• Exhibit experience -- preferably with a children's museum
• Ability to produce simple design sketches and drawings
• High level of creativity
• Take project from inception to completion
• Fabrication knowledge and basic construction skills
• High attention to detail and be a hard worker
• Ability to problem solve and maintain a positive attitude in challenging situation
• Driver's license and auto insurance
• Excellent verbal communication skills with accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively with others • Ability to work in a variety of space (high, small, awkward, etc.)
• Knowledge of and ability to lift, carry and maneuver stairs and other unusual surfaces with heavy items.
• Being highly organized and self-motivated with ability to meet tight deadlines
• Strong computer skills
• Graphic design skills not required but an added plus
|Deadline||June 30, 2018|
|Date Listed:||May 31, 2018|
|Organization||Imagine Children's Museum|
|Address||1502 Wall Street|
|Application Instructions||Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements.|