Director of Visitor Experience
The Director of Visitor Experience will be responsible developing and implementing, in coordination with the Visitor Services Team, systems for the delivery of a high-quality visitor experience, and for ensuring a high level of safety and security for the staff and the patrons. This position utilizes skills in strategic planning, visitor engagement, and market research-based approaches to gain an understanding of the museum’s diverse audiences and their experiences; the Director of Visitor Experience is in constant collaboration with employees at all levels to ensure the best possible experience for the entire KQCM community.
Qualifications: Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum three years in a leadership position at an educational or likeminded organization.
• Minimum two years of professional experience working directly with young children, families and/or the general public with diverse backgrounds and abilities in a constructivist learning environment.
• Experience supervising creative teams, and proven success in problem solving and conflict resolution.
• Experience in managing staff, budgets, and timelines for multiple projects while being resourceful at removing obstacles.
• Ability to communicate ideas and information in verbal and written form to different audiences.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Collaborative and communicative management style.
• Understanding and commitment to the needs and interests of young children and families with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
In order to serve the best interest of museum visitors, KQCM will:
• Conduct a criminal background check on all prospective employees
• Require proof of immunizations within thirty days of employment
• Require certification in Adult, Child, and Infant CPR, First Aid, and AED
Job Responsibilities: Responsibilities and Duties
• Collaborate and serve as active participant and ally to directors and managers of all departments (Education, Development & Marketing, and Finance & HR).
• Establish training procedures, protocols, and initiatives that streamline operational success.
• Provide a healthy, inquisitive work environment where employees are respected and fostered, and life-long learning is achieved.
• Ensure overall safety and security of the Museum staff and visitors.
• Oversee overall day to day management of the Museum’s exhibit floor.
• Ameliorate visitor logistics from arrival to departure.
• Develop and analyze visitor services systems to execute best practices.
• Oversee quality assurance to ensure visitor expectations are being met or exceeded.
• Actively address visitor complaints/issues and work to improve overall visitor experience.
|Deadline||July 31, 2018|
|Date Listed:||May 29, 2018|
|Organization||KidsQuest Children's Museum|
|Address||1116 108th Ave NE|
|Job Listing||View Complete Job Listing|
|Application Instructions||Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org|