The primary function of the Play Manager will be to translate the DREAM curriculum and partner relationships into innovative programming and guest engagement on the exhibit floor of the Glazer Children's Museum. This person will be responsible for the creation, outlining and implementing of educational programs and daily routines. Ensures that the floor (exhibits and staff) are set for a clean, fun and safe experience.
It is an exciting time to join the Glazer Children's Museum. With the leadership and vision of a new President and CEO, the museum is entering a new chapter in its growth, both as a local and national leader. Recently named Tampa Bay Business Journal's Non-Profit of the Year, the Museum is positioned as a key and sound investment in the future of the Tampa Bay region. Our vision and mission must be a deeply felt ethos, not a sales pitch. With an eye on an exciting and ever-changing experience, the Play Manager will be impacting the long-term future of the museum through the lens of CLEAN, SAFE & FUN.
This is a full time, non-exempt position reporting to the Director of Play or his/her designee.
• A passion for the vision, mission and values of the Glazer Children's Museum
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• 3-5 years' experience in comprehensive educational program planning in an educational setting, particularly with a strong emphasis on early childhood education.
• Work in informal education is a plus.
• Proven leadership abilities in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong organization, oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively as both a team leader and mentor.
• Demonstrated ability in providing high-quality customer service in a fast-paced environment.
• Cooperatively hire, train, supervise, coach, and mentor Playologist team.
• Create, implement, and ensure consistent quality of programs and experiences that direct play as a learning tool.
• Ensures programmatic content is educational and is in alignment with age-appropriate state educational standards whenever possible.
• Oversee daily operation of the floor, ensuring proper opening and closing, and programmatic delivery are carried out per the direction of the Director.
• Cooperatively provide training, task direction, and administration to museum volunteers on the floor, with special events, and on exhibit related projects.
• Oversee exhibit upkeep, communicating constantly with operations and guest services.
• Manage sourcing, testing, ordering and back stock of exhibit materials and ensure behind the house areas are organized and stocked.
• Conduct multiple daily walkthroughs of museum floor assessing cleanliness, quality, and safety.
• Provide excellent guest service and engagement as an example for Playologists to emulate.
• Participate in the evaluation of program performance and delivery.
• Provide programs changes and enhancements based on feedback, survey data, and evaluations.
• Responsible for the completion of and monitoring adherence to daily Playologist schedules.
• Plan and direct upkeep/cleaning activities within exhibit spaces and behind the scenes in conjunction with the Playologist and Environmental team.
• Send out formatted weekly updates to staff with new policies, procedures, and other department information, communicating both within and outside of department.
• Research and prototype new interactives with educational focus for exhibit spaces.
• Other duties as required.
|Deadline||March 20, 2018|
|Date Listed:||February 21, 2018|
|Organization||Glazer Children's Museum|
|Address||110 W Gasparilla Plaza|
|Job Listing||View Complete Job Listing|
|Salary||$18.00 - $21.00 per hour|
|Application Instructions||Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.|