Reporting to the President & Executive Director (ED), the Associate Director (AD) is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations necessary to ensure that OH WOW! achieves its objectives including planning, resourcing, managing and monitoring. The AD will be thoroughly committed to OH WOW!'s mission, with proven leadership, coaching, and relationship and donor management experience.
Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred, and five or more years senior nonprofit management experience in the children's museum industry, or any combination thereof.
• Ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
• Proven track record of effectively leading and scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization
• Proven commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
• Demonstrated ability to oversee, collaborate and coach human resources (staff and volunteers), manage and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
• Ability to interface and engage diverse groups
• Fundraising experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
• Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
• Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
• Works with the ED and other members of the leadership team to set OH WOW!'s strategic goals and translates these into specific operational objectives.
• Assists in the development and execution of OH WOW!'s annual comprehensive fundraising plan, with primary responsibilities related to maintaining and strengthening relationships with existing donors and foundations.
• Works out timelines and what resources are necessary, including employees and volunteers, to achieve stated objectives. Ensures that the resources are found and allocated appropriately.
|Deadline||March 9, 2018|
|Date Listed:||February 20, 2018|
|Organization||Oh Wow! The Roger & Gloria Jones Children's Center for Science & Technology|
|Address||11 West Federal Street|
|Job Listing||View Complete Job Listing|
|Application Instructions||OH WOW! The Roger & Gloria Jones Children's Center for Science & Technology, located in downtown Youngstown, Ohio, website: ohwowkids.org, is hiring an Associate Director. This full-time position is available immediately. Candidates are invited to submit a letter of intent with a resume to email@example.com by March 9, 2018.|