Manager of Marketing and Strategic Communications
Hands On Children's Museum is growing! We're looking for an experienced, results-oriented Manager of Marketing and Strategic Communications to join our award-winning children's museum. As a key member of the Museum's leadership team, this position will provide strong leadership in conveying the Museum's identity/mission to its diverse stakeholders w/a focus on audience growth. The successful candidate must be a strategic thinker who is hands-on and can work quickly under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment with a wide range of stakeholders including the general public, members, donors and staff.
5-10+ years proven marketing/communications experience including 3+ years in management role with a small support staff
• Experience with traditional and emerging trends, technologies and methodologies in communications, marketing, social media, web design, production, etc.
• Outstanding writing and editing skills
• Excellent interpersonal communications skills
• Proven project management skills
• Proven experience managing budgets
• Results-driven, deadline-oriented professional
• Accreditation in APR a plus
• Plan and manage effective advertising and promotions campaigns for all Museum programs, events and exhibitions
• Provide art direction, project management and production for a range of media pieces and collateral materials.
• Manage public relations and media efforts and foster relationships with media contacts at the local, regional and national level
• Oversee planning/implementation of social media campaigns including managing web communications and social media contractors
• Extend marketing reach via effective communication with Museum program partners
• Compile and interpret comprehensive analytics from various sources including the
Museum's database and social media platforms
• Manage monthly membership sales and renewal program
• Support the Executive Team by developing a range of digital presentations
• Manage an annual budget, negotiate with vendors, purchase media buys
• Supervise graphic designer, social media and photography contractors, communications assistant and interns or volunteers as needed.
• Communicate effectively with other departments to acquire exhibit, program or event information and monitor and meet goals
• Serve as the public face of the Museum at museum-related events as needed
|Deadline||April 30, 2018|
|Date Listed:||February 14, 2018|
|Organization||Hands On Children's Museum|
|Address||414 Jefferson St NE|
|Salary||Full time + benefits. Salary DOQ.|
|Application Instructions||Submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to email@example.com or mail to Hands On Children's Museum, 414 Jefferson St NE, Olympia, WA 98501. No phone calls please.|