Front Desk & Reservations Manager
Seeking an experienced & talented department leader to join the growing Visitor Service Management Team at our award-winning children's museum. Our Team opens the doors each day prepared to welcome and impress our patrons with a seamless guest experience. The Front Desk and Reservations Team Leader is responsible for ensuring the admission, membership and reservations team members are trained and well prepared to provide that experience. This key leadership role in our organization requires a talented problem solver and excellent communicator.
BA preferred, relevant work experience may substitute. Minimum of 3 years management level experience including responsibility for 5 or more staff. Ideal candidate has relevant experience in a children's or other museum, arts, recreation, education or hospitality setting. Excellent office skills required including Microsoft Suite. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work in a team setting with a high degree of daily communication. Able to work in a fast-paced environment with a great deal of flexibility. Core schedule Tues-Sat and evenings, weekends, holidays and special events as needed for museum programming.
This department leader has a key priority of implementing effective staff training and accountability systems and standard operating procedures. Works with leaders in other museum departments including:
• Business Department to ensure appropriate cash handling, transaction processes and record keeping.
• Database/IT teams to manage use of our Altru database including taking specific responsibility for building new programs for registration and managing membership & discount types.
• Marketing Department to support overall museum sales goals, including website updates and use of other marketing collateral as well as membership drives and implementation of discounts or other offers.
• Visitor Engagement Department to support workshop and event sales, and communication to patrons of featured daily activities.
• Education Programs Department to support registration and check in processes for preschool, camp and other programs.
• Operations/Director Team to take lead on security at the museum front and back entrances.
• Operations/Director Team to manage labor and assigned expense budgets and department records management and reporting.
• Each Visitor Services Manager acts as Manager on Duty overseeing and supporting overall building operations on assigned days.
|Deadline||March 15, 2018|
|Date Listed:||February 12, 2018|
|Organization||Hands On Children's Museum|
|Address||414 Jefferson St. NE|
|Salary||Full Time position + benefits. Salary DOQ.|
|Application Instructions||Submit a Resume, Cover Letter, and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org|