The Education Specialist is responsible for ensuring a quality visitor experience in the museum program and exhibit areas; teaches museum workshops to school groups and childcare groups; and develops and trains staff on age appropriate program activities. Duties include:
• Assists with the development and documentation of early childhood educational programming, following established lesson plan templates, Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards and Common Core Standards.
• Assists with the development of written materials such as museum educational handouts, activity descriptions, pre and post visit materials for workshops and training manuals.
• Conducts professional development workshops for early childhood educators and child care providers both on site and off site.
• Develops evaluation tools for programs to assess effectiveness.
• Engages early childhood visitors through developmentally appropriate practices to enhance exhibit experiences.
• Coordinates group visit activities, focused field trips and other programs to ensure the correct set up, material preparation, delivery of material and breakdown.
• Tracks program evaluations utilizing survey software.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Two or more years demonstrated experience in an early education setting
• Experience facilitating or hosting presentations/workshops to adult learners
• Experience working with and/or developing STEAM programs, a plus
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Valid Driver’s License required along with proof of insurance and ability to travel to local sites
• Bilingual in Spanish, a plus
Physical activities include sitting, walking, standing, bending, kneeling and squatting, moderate lifting (must be able to lift at least 20 lbs). Up to four hours of standing and walking may be required while running special events and/or group activities.
|Organization||Kohl Children's Museum of Greater Chicago|
|Address||2100 Patriot Boulevard|
|Job Listing||View Complete Job Listing|
|Application Instructions||Please submit your resume with salary history to Angel Weiss, Human Resources at email@example.com.|