The exhibit designer/planner at CMP creates dynamic and engaging environments that represent a wide variety of content and contextual narratives that support the Museum’s design philosophy. The responsibilities include: developing new permanent and renew existing exhibitions at CMP; designing traveling or temporary exhibitions; and designing projects for external clients through the CMP exhibit sales and design consulting program.
• Work independently as well as in multi-disciplinary, collaborative design teams with architects, designers, artists and engineers.
• Work closely with external contractors, vendors, advisors, sponsors, and others.
• Ensure design standards and goals are maintained through the exhibition production, installation and remediation phases.
• Meet project budgets and schedules. Develop cost estimates for bid/construction.
• Maintain office systems and procedures for accessible knowledge sharing of project documentation materials across the organization and as required by the design process.
• Remain informed of current trends in architectural, experience and environmental design in museums, science centers, libraries, education and other fields.
• Provide support for other non-exhibition design projects as assigned.
• Incorporate universal design, human-factors and cognitive evaluation findings into design solutions.
• Participate when needed in maintenance and set-up and take down of existing Museum exhibits.
• Attend exhibits, all-staff and project meetings
|Organization||Children's Museum of Pittsburgh|
|Address||10 Children's Way|
|Job Listing||View Complete Job Listing|
|Salary||$17 - $19 per hour|
|Application Instructions||Please follow this link to complete an application: Ehttp://form.jotform.us/form/40466250962152nter URL|