The Executive Director is responsible for leading, managing, and achieving the mission of the nonprofit Cookeville Children’s Museum. The Executive Director plans, organizes, supervises, and participates in all activities pertaining to the museum, including but not limited to: personnel, financial affairs, community outreach and marketing, program development, general maintenance, fundraising, and overseeing clerical duties.
• The ideal candidate will have a fun outgoing personality, is passionate about projects, has exceptional communication skills, loves children and is extremely self-motivated.
• The ideal candidate will possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Early Childhood Development/ Business Management or a related field.
• The ideal candidate will have experience working with children, nonprofit boards and community outreach (3 years preferably)
• Responsible for opening and closing the museum
• Chief fundraiser who delegates, maintains and contributes to all events, foundations, grants and exhibit sponsorship and needs
• Responsible for the outreach, representation and maintenance of community partnerships
• Manages daily activities of museum which includes employee scheduling, Web calendar, hiring staff, monthly newsletter, membership tracking and renewal, managing birthday club, supply stock, daily intake sheets and attendance tracking
• Ensures timely payment of bills and payroll
• Coordinates and oversees exhibit programming with Program Director for 12 month prospective
• Coordinates with Board of Directors on long-term goals and make valuable additions to the Strategic Plan
|Organization||Cookeville Children's Museum|
|Address||36 West 2nd St.|
|Job Listing||View Complete Job Listing|
|Salary||• Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. • No relocation benefits will be provided.|
|Application Instructions||To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org|