The Kidzeum of Health and Science (KHS) is a start-up children’s museum that will focus on all children/kids at heart from birth to 100 years old. Alarming rates of increased childhood obesity, juvenile diabetes, tooth decay, and overall poor health and nutrition, motivated the Kidzeum Board of Directors and Development Director to seek a way to address these critical issues. Kidzeum of Health and Science's mission, to create memorable experiences of learning through play for children of ALL abilities, was developed to address critical issues affecting youth today.
KHS is looking for an experienced person to develop its operational program and lead the institution, as Executive Director, through a period of dynamic strategic growth to the next level of performance, ultimately to become a world-class children’s museum.
The Executive Director has overall responsibility for fundraising, staff supervision, planning, financial management, program management, marketing, and community relations for this nonprofit agency, subject to Board oversight. The Executive Director will work closely with the Board to develop and implement the strategic plan, establish policies, and provide leadership and support for the staff and volunteers.
The Executive Director leads the management team which includes the Assistant Museum Director, Education Director, Facility Manager and 10 full-time floor staff (although this can be divided into part-time positions).
• The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal communications skills and be a creative, self-directed, energetic team player.
• Experience in early childhood education, museum education and management, or equivalent, including experience in an informal learning environment is strongly preferred.
• Must have experience in fundraising (both for operations and as part of a capital campaign), the ability to build collaborative relationships, financial savvy, and a track record of results.
• A minimum of five-seven years of progressively responsible senior level experience in a comparable organization is required. Previous leadership or management experience strongly preferred.
• A bachelor’s degree is required and a master's degree is preferred. Education in early childhood development will be a plus.
Key responsibilities include overseeing and managing all aspects of the Museum’s operations, exhibits, and education programming; driving all aspects of KHS’s fundraising for both operations and future capital campaigns; driving the process of solidifying the site and building project to which the capital campaign relates; being KHS’s face to the community; establishing and nurturing key collaborations with local and regional partners: driving the development of innovative new programming; capitalizing on education outreach opportunities; and developing and executing a long-term strategic plan for the Museum.
|Organization||Kidzeum of Health and Science|
|Address||412 E. Adams Street|
|Job Listing||/userfiles/sites/198/files/KHS Dir Posting.docx|
|Salary||Salary will be commensurate with experience, and benefits are competitive.|
|Application Instructions||Interested candidates should send a resume and references by October 2, 2017 via e-mail to: Kendra Floyd at firstname.lastname@example.org|