InterActivity 2018 Call for Session Proposals
Let's Build This Conference Together!
In developing sessions for the conference, we have the opportunity to drive innovation and experience a new level of collaboration. Working together we can create better strategies and generate impact across our communities. We invite you to submit session proposals that inspire, refresh, and inform. Discuss big ideas. Share how-to's on bright successes. Pass along lessons learned on fast fails. Workshop a process. Start here:
What new play ideas are inspiring your teams and communities? Share the code! Think exhibits, programs, partnerships, and combinations of all three.
How can we engage everyone and free ourselves to collaborate and create with each other? Think staff structures and management practices, new exhibit design and fabrication models, donor engagement, partner programming, and new ways of working across lines and sectors.
How are we building cultures of engagement, purpose, and innovation in and around our museums? Think staff, board, volunteers, partners, as well as neighborhoods and community initiatives.
To better align with your summer schedules and reflect 2018's Open Source theme, we offer the following:
- New session proposal submission deadline: Friday, September 15, 2017
- A dedicated InterActivity Groupsite, open to all. Designed to catalyze connections and collaboration, this is the place to post your session proposal ideas for wider discussion and refinement, recruit presenters you have not worked with before, and learn what the field is thinking about. Note: Groupsite is like LinkedIn, you will need to set up a Member Profile including selecting a password and join the InterActivity Session Proposal Idea Exchange community.
- New Session Proposal Guidelines, including Session Chair role and responsibilities.
- Planning aide, What We Know About InterActivity Attendees.
- Webinar on writing the best session proposal possible: Wednesday, July 12, 3:00–4:00 p.m. EDT. Download the webinar recording.
- New online Proposal Form. Review the Proposal Form pdf before you start.
Plus, check out this list of Session Inspiration and Kick-Start Ideas from the InterActivity 2017 evaluations.